ArchiMate® 3 from CC and C Solutions
ArchiMate is the preferred modeling language of TOGAF
ArchiMate 3 is a major upgrade, with many new and changed components
Your trainer is an expert architect who understands not just what ArchiMate is, but how it is used
ArchiMate® 3 as an open and independent modeling language that complements The Open Group Architectural Framework (TOGAF). An essential skill for IS/IT architects is the ability to communication architectural ideas in a formal way. The ArchiMate 3 Specification (published by The Open Group) has been designed to address these requirements. It is a lightweight language based on UML, able to describe all layers of architecture.
What Will I Learn?
You will learn to make practical use of the ArchiMate® 3 modeling language for developing enterprise architecture models, and gain knowledge of the terminology, structure and concepts needed to pass the ArchiMate® 3 Foundation and Certification examination.
Who Should Attend?
- Enterprise Architects
- Business Architects
- Application / Software Architects
- Solution Architects
- System Architects
- Data architects, Information Architects
- Technology Architects
- Program and Project Managers
- Anyone with an interest in modeling
- Anyone who consumes IT architecture specifications
There are no formal prerequisites for this course. A working knowledge of software solution design and of TOGAF would be helpful.
This course is delivered in 3 full days in an interactive classroom environment using:
- Introduction to ArchiMate® 3 specification
- Walk-through of notation, terminology, structure, and concepts
- Hands-on exercises using modeling tools
- Case study approach with end-to-end application of ArchiMate modeling
- Group discussions
- Practice exams
- Course Introduction
- Basic Concepts
- Language Structure
- Generic Metamodel
- Modeling Relationships
- Modeling Motivation
- Modeling Strategy
- The Business Layer
- The Application Layer
- The Technology Layer
- Modeling Physical Elements
- Cross-Layer Modeling
- Modeling Transformation
- Addressing Stakeholder Concerns Using Viewpoints and Views
- Language Customization Mechanisms
- Case Studies and Hands-on exercises
- Certification Exam preparation for level 1 and level 2 exams
ArchiMate® is a registered trademark of The Open Group.