Earn the new BIAN certification this year
- BIAN Foundation training is now open, with classes starting September 2019
- CC&C has trained thousands of Architects world-wide
- We are an experienced partner for major banks world-wide
- Your trainer is an actual architect with hands-on experience!
About the BIAN Standard
The Banking Industry Architecture Network (BIAN) is a collaborative not-for-profit ecosystem formed of leading banks, technology providers, consultants and academics from all over the globe.
The aim is to establish, promote and provide a common framework for banking interoperability issues and to be recognized as a world-class reference point for interoperability issues and reduction of integration cost in the financial services industry.
The BIAN model is based on a service-oriented architecture that defines standard business capabilities and supporting APIs for a broad and granular scope of banking activities.
The model includes more than 1,800 unique business components and 900 business capabilities. BIAN provides an open source library of downloadable swaggers to jump start a Business Driven API strategy.
BIAN Foundation Certification demonstrates the delegate’s knowledge about the BIAN Banking Architecture Foundation Standard. Certification audits candidates at the Bloom Levels 1 and 2 (according to Bloom’s Revised Taxonomy):
Remembering (Bloom Level 1): The delegate will be able to: Remember factual information including lists, Recognize symptoms, settings and patterns, Recall how to perform an existing process, and Identify strategies for retaining information.
Understanding (Bloom Level 2): The delegate will be able to: Summarize features, Classify the different BIAN artefacts, Clarify by creating Business Scenarios and Predict a correct response or situation.
The certification authority for the BIAN Foundation Exam is is Van Haren Learning Solutions.
Upon completion of BIAN Foundation training, you should:
Be able to describe the purpose of BIAN and its design principles
Be able to describe and recognize fully the BIAN Design principles, including:
- Non-overlapping functionality
- Discrete service centers to model a bank
- Dynamic behavior of static assets
Be able to describe and recognize fully BIAN artifacts in the correct context:
- Business scenarios
- Functional patterns
- Action terms
- Behavior qualifiers
- Asset types
- Control records
Who Should Attend
The BIAN certification is intended for enterprise architects, solution architects, consultants and advisors working in the banking and financial services industry.
IT professionals in the following roles should consider BIAN Foundation certification:
- Enterprise Architects
- Business Architects
- Solution Architects
- Data / Information Architects
- Application Architects
- Infrastructure Architects
- Security Architects
- Program / Project Managers
- Business Analysts
- Development Team Leaders
- Experienced Developers
Delegates should have some Enterprise Architecture experience or knowledge, such as TOGAF® or similar certification or Enterprise Architecture experience in a financial services business context.
- Introduction to BIAN
- BIAN’s primary purpose and approach
- Understanding the theory of BIAN
- The BIAN service landscape
- How to apply the BIAN standard
- Assembling a representative enterprise blueprint for a bank
- An enterprise blueprint is a framework for analysis
- BIAN and TOGAF’s ADM phases
Exam Format & Requirements
- Number of questions : 60
- Duration (minutes) of exam: 60 Min
- Pass Mark – X% (X marks) : 70%
- Open/Closed book : Closed
- Language : English
- Re-exam included : For accredited courses a re-exam is included
- Paper based & online availability : Online availability, on location possible upon request